- write to your MP and invite them to the meeting http://www.writetothem.com/.
- you don’t need to register beforehand, just turn up on the day – a print-out with details about the lobby might be handy
- it can take a long time to get through security if there is a queue, so we recommend getting there at 2pm
1. Action for ESOL – the campaign’s agenda. Contradiction of political parties insisting immigrants learn English & blaming them for not wanting to, yet cutting funding and restricting access to provision at the same time. The cumulative impact on ESOL students of cuts and changes, including bedroom tax, benefit cuts, etc.
2. Adult Funding overall and the future of Adult Ed., FE loans & progression for ESOL students
3. Specific funding, diversification of funding streams and qualification changes to ESOL provision
4. ESOL, social cohesion and citizenship. Contradictions of the social cohesion agenda and effects of changes to citizenship requirement.
5. Professionalism, jobs for highly-skilled teachers and how voluntary sector fits in
6. ESOL and work/ aspirations.
Join the Facebook event here
Action for ESOL Facebook group:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ActionforESOL